Saturday, July 5, 2014

Afterlife with Archie

Author:  Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
Illustrator:  Francesco Francavilla
Publisher:  Archie Comics
Year: 2014
Pages:  160

Goodreads Summary:
When Jughead's beloved pet Hot Dog is killed in a hit and run, Jughead turns to the only person he knows who can help bring back his furry best friend-Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Using dark, forbidden magic, Sabrina is successful and Hot Dog returns to the land of the living. But he's not the same... and soon, the darkness he brings back with him from beyond the grave begins to spread, forcing Archie, Betty, Veronica and the gang to try to escape from Riverdale!

Who knew I'd be reading Archie comics again at my age? And absolutely loving them! Afterlife With Archie is so much fun. It's a great zombie story on it's own but there's these familiar characters that I grew up reading. Plus, no person is safe as some very beloved characters bite the dust in these first novels. The artwork is fabulous. I so enjoyed this first graphic novel collection, that I am sorely tempted to go out and buy the individual issues but I'll do my best to wait. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment